What is Local Number Portability?
Rogers Wireless and the other three major Canadian carriers—Fido, Bell Mobility and TELUS—will implement Local Number Portability in all metropolitan areas across Canada effective March 14, 2007. Local number portability (LNP) enables customers to keep the same phone number when changing service providers or carriers. The transferring of landline numbers to other landline numbers has existed for several years.
Now, thanks to wireless number portability (WNP), which is often also referred to as Local Number Portability, customers will also be able to keep the same phone number when transferring their landline phone service to wireless service and vice versa.
Which Telephone Numbers Can I Bring To Rogers
- Wireless to wireless transfers - You can bring your mobile or cell phone number from another carrier to Rogers.
- Wireline to wireless transfers - You can transfer your home phone (also known as wireline or landline) phone number to your mobile or cell phone.
Should I cancel my existing contracts before transferring my number?
No. You should contact us before taking any action. If you cancel your account first, you may lose control over your number, which may then become ineligible for transfer.
- Our Coverage reaches over 93% of Canada's population and your cell phone will work seamlessly in over 185 Countries
- Awesome selection of next generation phones combined with competitive plans and services
- Add to your Rogers Home Phone, Rogers Cable or Rogers Internet Services and get upto 15% off your montly bill.
- It's so easy to switch and we take care of all the details.
I Want To Switch My Numbers To Rogers. What do I do?
There are two ways you can switch to Rogers Wireless as well as get more information:
|1||Complete your order online and at the end of the shopping cart process we will ask you for the numbers you want to switch and some account details. To choose a shopping category click here.
|2||Call us Toll Free at 1-888-882-6888, chat live with us or get one of our Sales Representatives to call you right away by clicking on the Live Call button below. Please note that these services are only available during our normal business hours.|